Thursday, December 01, 2005

Emulation-Who do I want to be like?

You know one thing I am always surprised by is how willing people are to take bad advice from people they know. How many people do you know who missed an opportunity because they talked to their brother in law's uncle who thought it was a bad idea? When I look at someone who is offering me advice, I ask myself one simple question. Is the person I am speaking with credible on this subject? If I need advice on money, I am not going to talk to a middle age relative who is broke. A much better strategy is to talk to someone who has money and has been successful in getting it.

I think this is a very important lesson we all need to learn. Everyone needs to have role models in life, just make sure you choose them wisely. I am a firm beleiver in the psychological theory that you become who you associate with most of the time. If you want to be good at golf then hang around with people who are good golfers. If you want to have money, hang around with people who you want to emulate with money.

Everything we do and everyone we associate with is a choice, dont have that choice made for you. It is your life, make darn sure you choose wisely!

Cheers,

CB

No comments: